Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38

    Unanswered: Macros will not run on windows 7

    Hi,

    We have a front end/back end access 2007 database.

    Four XP and 2 vista machines run the front end with the server holding the back end.

    We have just added a Windows 7 64 bit machine to the network. The front end database that is running on all other machines works fine on this new windows 7 machine until a macro runs.

    I thought it was the trust settings, but they seem to be correct, ie, both the front end and back end paths are added to the trusted locations and the macros have been enabled in the macro settings of the trust centre of access.

    The macros are very simple, they just apply filters so that only records show that have a field set to a certain value. We have a form that shows all of the companies projects. Along the top of the form are lables that when clicked on run the required filter via a macro that is called from VB.

    I get an error message of 2950 and when I close that box I get another box that says "Run Time Error 3270" "Property Not Found". If I click the debug button, it highlights the piece of code that calls the macro. Clearly the macro exists and it is spelt correctly or it would not run on the other machines.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks

    Nigel

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia USA
    Posts
    2,763
    Provided Answers: 19
    When apps run fine on one machine and not on another or run fine in one version and not when run under a newer version, one of the first things you have to think about are missing references.

    If you haven't looked at this, here are Doug Steele's detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem:


    Access Reference Problems

    Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

    All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks for the info.

    I have checked the references and none have 'Missing' on them.

    It is peculiar that of all the code I have written for this database, the only problem I am getting is when I run a piece of code that calls a macro.

    I suspect that you have got me on the right track as it is only the Windows 7 machine that has the problem. I will keep trying.

    Nigel

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia USA
    Posts
    2,763
    Provided Answers: 19
    What level do you have the macro security set at?

    Do you have all service packs applied ?
    Hope this helps!

    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

    All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks, that's fixed it.

    I checked the service pack status on all other machines for office 2007, they were all SP2.

    I didn't install SP2 on the windows7 machine as the supported operating systems did not include windows7, ( see Download details: The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)).

    I installed a few minutes ago, even though SP2 was not in the supported list, and all the macro's now work!

    Nigel

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia USA
    Posts
    2,763
    Provided Answers: 19
    Glad you got it fixed!
    Hope this helps!

    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

    All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •