Unanswered: Updating causes duplicate record

I am in need of some assistance. I use the seek method to find a record. Another form then displays the correct information. The "OK" button is suppose to save the information (including any new changes for each field), however it always creates a brand new record in the table.

I have used me.requery (this creates a new record)

I have used rst.Fields!ActualCost = ActualCost (this also creates a new record)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking generically; a seek method and then an ok button - is somewhat round-about in terms of vanilla Access form design; where a form is sourced on a table/query and the record data is live.

Obviously your design (or the design you inherited) is causing a new record rather than just changing existing data. Is this design approach something that really needs to be kept? or would you like to simplify it back to a more vanilla design?...say just a combo box to find the record....

Not sure this helps......
    www CahabaData com

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    Speaking generically; a seek method and then an ok button - is somewhat round-about in terms of vanilla Access form design; where a form is sourced on a table/query and the record data is live.

Obviously your design (or the design you inherited) is causing a new record rather than just changing existing data. Is this design approach something that really needs to be kept? or would you like to simplify it back to a more vanilla design?...say just a combo box to find the record....

Not sure this helps......
    The original form has a combo box on it. You select the name from the combo box and then another form is loaded with the pertinent information.

In a vanilla design; that combobox just goes to the record in the form; it doesn't open another form.

Not clear if you really need the approach you now have - that is contributing to the error of adding a duplicate record.....or just revert to a vanilla design....
    www CahabaData com