Question Unanswered: Automatically importing data from one form to another

Hi Everyone,

I don't feel relationships will work for what I am trying to do. Basically, I'm trying to eliminate some redundant data entry. I have two forms, one called Client Charges and the other one called Client Claims. Well, sometimes, we will need to enter the same data from Client claims to Client charges. Typically the field contents in certain fields of Client Claims will need to go to the carges form.

For instance this information from Client Claims will need to go to Client Charges. Well instead of retyping the data, is there a way to just simply click a button and import the current record for John Doe to Client Charges?

Employer: ABC CORP

I've been trying this code but it tells me it can't find field "social_security" however I have everything spelled correctly so I am not sure what the problem is.

Im using a command click on the carge tracking from

Forms![Charge Tracking System]!Social_Security = Forms![Claims Tracking System]!Social_Security

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    yes realtionships will do wht you want (enforce data integrity AND eliminate data redundancy.
    BUT the way you seem to be using it isn't complying with normailsation, one of the building blocks for good db design.

the aim is store once, not store multiple times

so in your charges form I'd suggest you have a combo or lookup which has a list of the clients (you may need two combo boxes to make it more scxaleable and easier to use with more clients. one combo contains the employers, the other contains employees of that company, which is blank until an employer is selected.

you store the employeeID in the table that populates the charges table

how do you propose to handle changes to a persons employment status, they could move from one employer to another
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton