Question OpenOffice Database Connection Error

I've been trying to connect to my PostgreSQL 8.4.7 server @ work using my OpenOffice 3.3.0 Base application. I've downloaded and installed the SDBC driver from the following URL:

dba: PostgreSQL SDBC driver

I've installed the 0.7.6b and when I try to connect, I get an error message saying "A driver is not registered for the URL sdbc:postgresql:db1.

I've made sure the server allows incoming connections on the default port via pg_hba.conf & postgresql.conf.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

This is a client side error. Something went wrong with the SDBC driver installation. My first guess would be that you ran the unopkg extension manager as another user (such as root) but omitted the --shared option.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

No idea what that means. I opened OpenOffice Base as my login user 'carlos' and installed the driver using the 'Extension Manager'. Just import the file and that's it. Very simple and I don't see how that could be done wrong. Am I missing something here?

It is unlikely that anything would go wrong in that schenario, as long as your carlos login is either a member of the Windows Administrator Group on your machine or has root equivalence in a *ix machine.

I'm not sure what is wrong in this case, I think that I'd have to be "up close and personal" with the machine to ferret this problem out.

What OS are you running and what is the default Web Browser?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.