How can I get a referral fee for product sales?

The idea would be that customers come to my site to see products from many sites that I have created partnerships with, then once they choose what they like, they go to the website the product is on and make the purchase. My question is how to I get paid for hooking up the buyer to the seller? I know the standard would be that I will have some type of affiliate marketing or advertising on my site, but is there a way I can get paid for the actual referral of the product sale? I really don't want to really on the honor system! If I did I think I would see no money. Most of the sites I will be working with will not have any type of affiliate system setup or anyway to do tracking of my referred clients.

I thought of having some type of promo-code for a discount, but then there is no way to ensure the buyer will not just make a deal with the seller around my back.

Would it be worth it to offer a rebate on confirmed orders? Say once a sale is made, they buyer shows proof via reciept and I offer a small rebate or gift card somewhere. This way I can have proof the sale was made and then take it up with the seller to get my referral share. If they dont pay the referral I drop them from the site.

What about if I where to collect all the info for the sale (billing & shipping info, credit card info) and then pass that info to the sellers to finish up process the transaction and ship. I would be upfront to the buyers that their data is being transferred to the seller website for final processing. This way I know about the sale and can request my referral.

Does anyone have any suggestions here or comments to my ideas? Thanks much.

Hide the actual supplier (you could do this by describing the product without actually naming it) from your customer/website visitor, and either buy the product and then re-sell it, or do a deal with the supplier to give you a kickback for every order that you give to them.

and either buy the product and then re-sell it,
    i want to completely avoid any transactions between the buyer and seller.

do a deal with the supplier to give you a kickback for every order that you give to the
    how should the deal be done to ensure i get the kickback!

Assuming that the supplier is larger than a business where the primary shareholder does the invoicing, I think that once you have a deal in place, normal clerical procedures will ensure you get paid.
    You can always audit the process by sending a follow up letter/phone call to your customer to see if they are satisfied with the product