Unanswered: MsgBox Placement

I generate a MsgBox asking the users to verify their input. When the MsgBox pops up it blocks the data to be verified. Most of the users are not knowledgeable enough to know that they could drag the box out of the way. So, I need to place the MsgBox so that it appears out of the way of the data to be verified. Does anyone know how to do this?

Provided Answers: 19
    No can do! You'll have to 'roll your own.'

1. Create a small form
    2. Set Record Selector to No
    3. Set Diving Line to No
    4. Set Navigation Buttons to No
    5. Place your message in one or more Labels
    6. Place Command Buttons like you'd have on a Messagebox with appropriate code behind them, to close the form, whatever
    7. Adjust the form so that it opens where you desire it to

Now, when you'd normally use the Messagebox use

DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName", , , , , acDialog

Just like a messagebox, the user can do nothing until the sham 'meessagebox' form is closed.

Another advantage is that you can do formatting things with the label(s) i.e. changing font size, color, etc, that you can't do with an Access Messagebox.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 59
    or try
    msgbox("please check your data" & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Oi muppet you can move this message box by dragging it to the side so you can see the data", vbexclamation, "Do you really, really want to save your changes")

or train your users. Historically I've found all they need is telling once or twice and then its fine
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    Or you could pop up a second messagebox with instructions on dragging the first one!

Programming would be a fun way to make a living, if it weren't for the end users!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007