Unanswered: Suggestions? - SSIS export then import data from stored procedure

Hi All,

I just wanted to get some best practices advice; I have a db which I need to export the data from one table (daily, via SSIS probably) to an ftp site where it will be imported (via SSIS, likely) into another SQL db.

My boss is a little old fashioned and doesnt want it done with SSIS's ability to copy db objects, so my thought lean towards CSV and XML files.

Does anyone have any similar experiences that they would share, or suggestions one way or another with import / export via SSIS?

Thanks!

D
    Last edited by dah97765; 02-21-11 at 19:59.

BCP - One way is to export/import using bcp. I use SSIS tasks to do these imports/exports also. Not much of an issue. Can include an FTP task. What else would you like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by corncrowe View Post
    BCP - One way is to export/import using bcp. I use SSIS tasks to do these imports/exports also. Not much of an issue. Can include an FTP task. What else would you like to know?
    Thanks for the reply. Do you use bcp in this way?

Creating CSV Files Using BCP and Stored Procedures

I ended up using SSIS and it workes pretty well for my needs. I'm now going to attempt to introduce DTS config files to make it more generic.

Just as an FYI for those who are also attempting something similar:

I was able to effectively use dtsconfig files for controlling my SSIS packages. The process is rather straightforward once you know where it is. A helpful guide is here:

Making SSIS Packages portable - SQL Server 2005 Integration Services : Narayana Vyas Kondreddi's home page

Thanks!