Unanswered: Help: Deleting row if cell in column 'X' empty

Hi Guys,

Firstly, please excuse my ignorance on the subject of basic excel programming. I am a psyc student completing my masters research and need to do a bit of manipulation on the data...Any help would be MUCH appreciated !!!

Anyway, the situation is that I have a large worksheet, with approx 30,000 rows and approx 35 columns. The sheet is a collection of psychometric test candidate answers, with each question (item) being represented across the top, and each candidate being represented in a row. Some of the candidates did not answer some of the questions. I need to remove these candidates (rows) that did not answer at least one of the questions.

I found some code that would delete the row if it found an empty cell, but now it appears the cells arent actually 'empty' but are 'blank' and contain data (I hope I got that distinction right). Would someone be able to point me in the right direction here?

I might have to first use code that can change the 'blank' (data containing) cells into empty cells, and then use the other code I found to delete the rows containing 'empty' cells.

Once again, I would be greatly indebted to anyone that could assist.

London, UK

Instead of using code, maybe you could use the autofilter or advanced filter to filter for the rows you want to delete, and then delete them?
    but now it appears the cells arent actually 'empty' but are 'blank' and contain data
    What do these cells contain?

Are all these cells in the same column or are they in multiple columns?

Hi psyc,

In the past the easiest way I have done this is to sort all the data in either descending or ascending order. You can do this by selecting all of the data and top menu Data > Sort. This will "group" all of the empty cells together and then you can just delete them manually?

Just my two cents...