Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Privileges for execute explain in tables.

Hi Colleagues,

Somebody can say me what or how is the previleges that will be to have a user for execute explain in tables of database. db2 9.5.

Thank you for advanced.

I don't know offhand, but the DB2 documentation usually will list the privledges required for each command.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

You need enough privileges to either use or create your explain tables, plus whatever privileges are required for the statement that you are trying to explain.

In 9.5

The authorization rules are those defined for the query statement specified in the EXPLAIN statement. For example, if a DELETE statement is used as the explainable statement, the authorization rules for the DELETE statement are applied when the DELETE statement is explained.

The authorization rules for static EXPLAIN statements are those that apply to static versions of the statement passed as the explainable statement. Dynamically prepared EXPLAIN statements use the authorization rules for the dynamic preparation of the statement passed as the explainable statement.

The current authorization ID must have INSERT privilege on the explain tables.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,

Somebody can say me where there are information about privileges explain in tables.

Thank you.

syscat.tabauth