Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Size table and database in db2 9.5

Hi Colleagues,

Somebody can say me how to know the size the table and database in db2 9.5. if you can send me a example is welcome.

Thank you for advenced.

Provided Answers: 5
    Providing that your runstats are current:

Code:
    with t1 (object_type_code,object_type,schema,object,tabschema,tabname,stats_time,card,pagesize,fpages) as 
    (select 1,'Table',t.tabschema,t.tabname,t.tabschema,t.tabname,t.stats_time,t.card,ts.pagesize,double(t.fpages) from syscat.tables as t inner join syscat.tablespaces as ts on (t.tbspace = ts.tbspace) where t.type in ('T','S','H','U') 
    ) ,
    t2 (object_type_code,object_type,schema,object,tabschema,tabname,stats_time,card,pagesize,fpages) as 
    ( select 2,'Index',i.indschema,i.indname,i.tabschema,i.tabname,i.stats_time,cast(null as bigint),ts.pagesize,double(i****eaf) from syscat.indexes as i inner join syscat.tablespaces as ts on (i.tbspaceid = ts.tbspaceid) 
    ) ,
    t3 (object_type_code,object_type,schema,object,tabschema,tabname,stats_time,card,pagesize,fpages) as 
    ( select * from t1 
      union all 
      select * from t2 
    ),
    t4 (object_type_code,object_type,schema,object,tabschema,tabname,stats_time,card,pagesize,fpages,bytes) as 
    ( select t3.*,case when fpages < 0 then 0 else fpages*pagesize end as bytes from t3 
    ) ,
    t4a (object_type_code,object_type,schema,object,tabschema,tabname,stats_time,card,pagesize,fpages,bytes) as 
    ( select * from t4 
      union all 
      select 3,'Total',tabschema,tabname,tabschema,tabname,cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double),sum(bytes) from t4 
      group by (3,'Total',tabschema,tabname,tabschema,tabname,cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double)) 
      union all 
      select 4,'Schema Total',cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),tabschema,cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double),sum(bytes) from t4 
      group by (4,'Schema Total',cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),tabschema,cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double)) 
      union all 
      select 5,'Database Total',cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double),sum(bytes) from t4 
      group by (5,'Database Total',cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as varchar(128)),cast(null as timestamp),cast(null as bigint),cast(null as int),cast(null as double)) 

)select t4a.*,bytes/1024 as KB,(bytes/1024)/1024 as MB,((bytes/1024)/1024)/1024 as GB from t4a 
    order by tabschema,tabname,object_type_code,object
    Andy

Provided Answers: 1
    Thank you AR_Winner,

You can explain me how to execute this you send me. Please.

Greethings.

It is a query. Run it like you would any other.

Andy

Andy, I'm trying to execute your query and getting:

SQL0104N An unexpected token "**" was found following "s.pagesize,double(i*".
    Expected tokens may include: "<factor>". SQLSTATE=42601

What is "double(i****eaf) from syscat.indexes" ?

It must have been some sort of cut and paste error. it should be: "double(i****eaf)"

Andy

It is some sort of posting error/bug. When I put the text in the message it looks fine, but when I post it it makes it look like that. I will try again. It should be: double(i. nleaf)

I had to put a blank space before nleaf so it would come out properly. Remove it before you run the script.

Andy

... double(i. nleaf)
    ... Remove it before you run the script.
    Blanks before or after a period which separates a qualifier and a object name would be allowed in SQL syntax.
    So, removing blanks would be not neccesary.

Yes, but the blank makes it looks funny (at least to me).

Andy

Thanks, I should have realized it was a posting error.

How do you get the size of LF/LOB/XML columns? Do you use some table function / admin view? I used the inspect utility in the past.

hi
    off topic question.
    is there way to find out how many % temp space is been used by particular application (agentid).

regds
    Paul

Yep,

check "get snapshot for table.." output. It also lists Temp-Tables and the Agentid of the Owner. Tried to find an example on my databases, but had no luck.

You can also use db2pd with -tcb

thks nvk and bella,

bella but db2pd -tcb won't give the agentid details ??

regds
    Paul

SchemaNm column should give you the application handle.