View Poll Results: What do you think of BRILLIANT DATABASE??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rubbish

1 4.76%
  • ok

1 4.76%
  • good

16 76.19%
  • excellent

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Brilliant Database

Hi All,

I have purchased Brilliant database and need help if anyone knows the software??

No support from the website anymore for some reason...

I have designed a few databases with this software already, so i know it abit, but im designing a new database and cant work out the code i need for a button command

Please, if anyone can help me, please get intouch, im pulling my hair out and have been doing so for 2 months now.

regards

rach

Talking Does anybody know the program Oasis DB

Hello,

does anybody know the database program Oasis and so yes, would you recommand it me.

Jan Laan.

Talking No knowledge about Brilliant

Hello Rach,

I am not familiar with Brilliant but I am looking for somebody who works with Brilliant so to find out how it works. Does it work reliable and can you program fast and easy?

Jan Laan.

Brilliant Database

Hi,
    Since posting I received a reply from BD, apparently they had had some trouble receiving emails, but since then I have sent another support request and not received a reply again...dont know whats going on!!!!

But in answer to your question, BD is good if your setting up a basic db, but in my case I needed it fairly complicated and it has taken me some time to learn all the scripting etc. I still dont know everything but I have designed a few db with bd now and feel fairly comfortable with it.

We searched around for something which was very flexible and bd is quite flexible so you can design most anything if you know the scripting....

Rach

No reply

From March 2011 onwards no reply and support from Brilliant database. I think they may be developing the software in a bigger way. I tried to contact the Brilliant database support in all the ways but no response. Anybody having any news?

no response

Hi,

I have tried contacting them sooo many times now and no response.

I dont know whats happening??

I have even tried to contact them from their website as an interested customer, but still no response....
    Good support at the start but now obviously not so good.
    The other problem is that their are no forums for help and the help pdf doesnt explain the more complicated areas very well at all.

Have had to mostly learn from lots of trial and error....lots of hours put in to learning Brilliant Database, around 2 years now....

Wish their was better help for it....

Brilliant is over and out

it is not a bad product, but I think they are old people, and not busy whit the program anymore.
    I think it is not honest to still sell it, I bought it a year or so ago, and agree with the others here about there lack of support.
    If you still want to spent your money on this, try to print some labels!
    There is a big difference between a fast try and serious using.

Actually

Mikhail lishkin is pretty young. I have an inkling that he's going to release something else like a more built out BD, but it's a shame he's not communicating ANYTHING to anyone. I'm just about to go to market with a db I made, and then I ran some import tests and BOOM..slow as molasses..it's actually prompted me to learned Access as a DB and implementing it with .net..but damn, i'm so close with the brilliant database that it just sucks to let it go at this point.

can any body please upload that file for me "bdb_wp_engine.exe"
    thanks

Brilliant Dbase........

Hi, I have been using ultimate version for some 6 months now, and I think it's working quite well.... so far I have been able (some times with a bit of hair loss)
    to make it do everything I wanted to do, I think the scripting feature is a great help.........

Hi all,

I tried also Brilliant and wanted to buy the Ultimate. But i didn't, due the lack off support. That's a shame, because the program is really good.

New Brilliant Database User

Hello to all,

i am quiet new to Brilliant Database. I know, there is a lack of support of the Brilliant-side, but i didn't find a more comfortable database for my needs.

I am using the program for home and now i have a question concerning "queries". Is it possible to run a query after starting up the database?

I hope, that there are still some users out there

yes, it can

Good to hear.
    And how to get it done to execute a query right after the startup of Brilliant Database?

In which ever form is selected to appear very first after start up, insert the call to query in "on select".....