Career opportunity for a Sr. Oracle DBA. This is a permanent position with a Fortune 500 company. They offer a competitive salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. This position would be based in Kansas City, MO. No relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.
We are looking for someone to assume a lead role and the following responsibilities:
• Install & configure core database server.
• Conduct ongoing structural refinements to database.
• Deploy code & other database objects in accordance with change management policies & procedures.
• Audit & reconcile changes to data & database structures.
• Optimize performance of database server configuration.
• Migrate & load data.
• Backup & recover databases.
• Monitor database availability & performance.
• Troubleshoot, escalate, & optimally resolve database problems.
• Perform database capacity planning & trend analysis.
• Refine disaster recovery plans, test, maintain documentation, and support all tests.
• Provide tactical & strategic input that balance business need, industry best practices, cost, and alignment with corporate direction for the various disciplines.
• Establish & maintain positive relationships with managers, peers, & business unit customers.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation.
• Provide guidance to developers on optimization of SQL code.
• Implement & administer advanced data security mechanisms. (e.g. encryption)
• Implement & administer database high availability features. (e.g. clustering)
• Implement & administer advanced disaster recovery options. (e.g. logical/physical standby)
• Implement & administer advanced data load/transfer features. (e.g. ETL tool, replication)
• .Bachelor's degree in MIS or CS, relevant DB platform certification, and/or at least 5 yrs related work experience.
• Extensive experience with Oracle as a DBA.
• Extensive knowledge of platform specific advanced database features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication) and performance optimization of both database server configuration and SQL code.
• Minimum of 5 years conducting general database administration tasks (e.g. DB implementation, DB code deployments, DB backups, creation of DB user accounts) and at least 2 years administering database platform specific advanced features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ET, replication) and performance optimizing server database servers and SQL code