Unanswered: how to execute selected query in mysql query browser 1.2.12 over linux

Good Morning all....
    can any body tell me "how to execute any specific query from mulitple query after selection"
    ex- if i want to get the data of two coloumn table1 and table 2
    then i have query like
    select * from table1;
    select * from table2;
    i m using ubuntu also using mysql query browser 1.2.12, where at one time i can write only single query, for running second it have to remove first(select * from table1).. is there any solution to exeute specific query from multiple query...
    Thanks in advance...............

You are aware that MySQL query Browser was announced end of life back in 2009 and has been superseded by MySQL Workbench? MySQL Workbench allows multiple queries to be executed at once.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by it-iss.com View Post
    You are aware that MySQL query Browser was announced end of life back in 2009 and has been superseded by MySQL Workbench? MySQL Workbench allows multiple queries to be executed at once.
    good afternoon sir,
    You mean to say MySql workbench ( is a New IDE) is replacement of MySql Query browser, if yes then can it work over ubuntu( linux)....
    ---> oh i got it,,,, it is that which i need a lot... i m going to download it.......... thank you so much to tell me about this gui...
    Last edited by rohitamitpathak; 03-10-11 at 04:37. Reason: i got what i asked...

Hi,

here is the notification of Query Browser and end of life MySQL :: MySQL Product Support EOL Announcements and yes MySQL Workbench is supported on Ubuntu Linux.
    Ronan Cashell
    Follow me on Twitter

how to set max row in table?

Hi,

here is the notification of Query Browser and end of life MySQL :: MySQL Product Support EOL Announcements and yes MySQL Workbench is supported on Ubuntu Linux.
    I read about mysql work bench and i m trying to install it my computer....... sir for keeping the size of table i wrote
    CREATE TABLE `zero`.`table_limit` (
    `name` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 MAX_ROWS=2
    but when i m inserting the data it is keeping any no of row while i wrote MAX_ROWS=2,
    I THING I M DOIING EVERYTHING CORRECT HERE, STILL IT HAPPENED, STRANGE..........

Quote Originally Posted by rohitamitpathak View Post
    I read about mysql work bench and i m trying to install it my computer....... sir for keeping the size of table i wrote
    CREATE TABLE `zero`.`table_limit` (
    `name` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 MAX_ROWS=2
    but when i m inserting the data it is keeping any no of row while i wrote MAX_ROWS=2,
    I THING I M DOIING EVERYTHING CORRECT HERE, STILL IT HAPPENED, STRANGE..........
    i read out that Max_rows=2 does not have a meaning , table will have only 2 rows it is not hard core.. so if i want to restrict a table for a perticular no of row what i should use...
    we can use stored procedure which will check firstly count(*) then will insert new row..
    is there any other syntax solution of this fixed row problem

There appears to be very sketchy documentation about this feature. However, from my reading this is what I have discovered MySQL :: Re: Forcing max_rows.

Firstly, MAX_ROWS is associated with MyISAM tables. The idea is that MAX_ROWS along with AVG_ROW_LENGTH is used to calculate the myisam_data_pointer_size. This data pointer size determines the hard limit of the table size.

However, the myisam_data_pointer_size represents the size in bytes of the number of records in the table. The minimum being 2 bytes and the max being 7 bytes. A value of 4 allows 4Gb and 6 allows 256Tb.
    Ronan Cashell
    Follow me on Twitter

There appears to be very sketchy documentation about this feature. However, from my reading this is what I have discovered MySQL :: Re: Forcing max_rows.

Firstly, MAX_ROWS is associated with MyISAM tables. The idea is that MAX_ROWS along with AVG_ROW_LENGTH is used to calculate the myisam_data_pointer_size. This data pointer size determines the hard limit of the table size.

However, the myisam_data_pointer_size represents the size in bytes of the number of records in the table. The minimum being 2 bytes and the max being 7 bytes. A value of 4 allows 4Gb and 6 allows 256Tb.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    myisam_data_pointer_size
    Command-Line Format --myisam_data_pointer_size=#
    Option-File Format myisam_data_pointer_size
    Option Sets Variable Yes, myisam_data_pointer_size
    Variable Name myisam_data_pointer_size
    Variable Scope Global
    Dynamic Variable Yes
    Permitted Values (<= 5.0.5)
    Type numeric
    Default 4
    Range 2-8
    Permitted Values (>= 5.0.6)
    Type numeric
    Default 6
    Range 2-7

i think you r talkin about this values........ i can change the value of myisam_data_pointer_size but this feature talks in gb, means how will be the max size of table, i need to specify the no of row inserted.. i think it can not be happen with this system variable........ if i m wrong , make me correct..

i read the link which u said...
    i used the command-
    show variable;
    SET GLOBAL myisam_pointer_size=2;
    then i again check s
    show variables; it shows variable value is changed to 2 from 6
    then we create a table with syntax-
    CREATE TABLE `zero`.`limit1` (
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `name` varchar(10) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
    it does not work then we create another table with syntax
    CREATE TABLE `zero`.`limit2` (
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `name` varchar(10) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 MAX_ROWS=2
    both table allow me to insert more than 2 rows. i can solve this prob with other way but i already spend my too much time in this thats why i want to write a word in create table statement which restrict to insert more than 2 row....
    i m bothering you i know.......... sorry for that
    Last edited by rohitamitpathak; 03-11-11 at 02:30. Reason: i got something more