Unanswered: MySQL Error: #2003 - The server is not responding

I've recently set up MySQL, PHP and Apache on my laptop. Its running Windows 7, 64 bit.

It was working fine at first but today I've tried to connect via the webpage I created and there's a database error, then when I try through phpMyAdmin (version 2.11.10) I get this message:

#2003 - The server is not responding

If I try to connect via the MySQL command line client, it connects fine and can display the data from the tables, so why would my phpMyAdmin and the web page suddenly start giving an error? I haven't changed anything.

make sure that your PHPMyAdmin is configured properly. Open file located within phpmyadmin folder in a text editor and set it properly. It may be an issue with user name and password set in your PHPMyAdmin. You can refer to phpmyadmin tutorial < MySql Tutorial | w3resource. Hope this helps.

San Sebastian, Spain
    I do not run MySQL on Windows but I have read that the MySQL installation does not automatically start MySQL on reboot. Did you have this problem after shutting down and restarting Windows? If that is the case you need to restart MySQL everytime or setup in the services to auto start on reboot.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    Follow me on Twitter