03-13-11, 06:19 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
Unanswered: Sybase Replication Server - Create user error
i have this problem with replication server :
when i create user from Client application the replication server and replicate database became suspend.
to insert login in replicate server database i am using bcp out and in, the step is :
1. Dump Primary database = primary.dump
2. bcp out (master.syslogins)
3. in text file that bcp out created delete row suid number 1 and 2 (sa and probe)
4. sp_configure 'allow updates',1
5. bcp in (master.syslogins)
6. sp_configure 'allow updates',0
7. Restore database=primary.dump
7. Create primary database definition and master database definition
8. Create replicate database subscription and replicate master database
subscription. With Materialization Method = Bulk
All status= Valid
with this settings i have been replicate data with no problem or error at all , but the only error is where client application create user. when i create user and
check syslogins table in master database compare it between primary and replicate database there is a difference in suid example:
user id: newuser
you can see in primary database newuser login became suid number 9 but in replicate database newuser login became suid number 5.
what im ask here , is there something wrong with my step or something must to add, remove with my step or the whole idea to copy login to replicate database is wrong ?
can someone help me, thanks before and sorry for my bad english
03-16-11, 06:22 #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
Theres two kinds of replication.
1. One is warmstandby. (sp_reptostandby)
2. Other is table to table replication.
On table to table replication, none of the DDL / user security etc works.
If you are using sp_reptostandby, then DDLs work. And some procs. But dont think sp_addlogin works there. Check the documentation for supported DDLs/stored procs.