Unanswered: block developer tools

How DBA will Block Forms & Report Developer from Client machines/user? After logon on database/schema does fails to identify logged-on application from v$session as program & module columns remains null for Forms & Report Developer & so is for Forms & Reports Runtime.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pradip_chanda View Post
    How DBA will Block Forms & Report Developer from Client machines/user?
    The only way to do this properly is to give the users the correct privileges.

After logon on database/schema does fails to identify logged-on application from v$session
    Don't use v$session for this.
    The client provides the information that is shown there, so I could make my own program appear as "sqlplus.exe" or "MyWeirdname"

Using v$session for security aspects is not going to work. Never.

in 9.2 you can fool the system that way if you choose 'program' but not if you choose 'module' col of v$session. But, for SQL*Plus we have the option of disabling a host of commands including exec, select, update, insert, delete etc. through product_user_profile under the SYSTEM schema.

My problem is with the applications e.g. Oracle Forms Developer that leaves a null value in 'program' as well as 'module' column.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pradip_chanda View Post
    My problem is with the applications e.g. Oracle Forms Developer that leaves a null value in 'program' as well as 'module' column.
    No, your problem is that you are building your security around a completely unsafe information.

If you build your security concept on that, then you don't have a security concept at all.
    Using information from v$session to restrict access is completely unsafe and unreliable. Period.

You might be interested in this discussion:
    Ask Tom "How do i prevent end users from connecti..."

Yeah. I have seen that & a number of such threads from 'Ask Tom'. But, I have not gone through FGAC. Can you suggest How to address my security concerns (specifics) through FGAC?