Unanswered: Access Query Date Variable default question

I created a daily sales report that pulls from a query. In the query I defined in
    the Criteria field of my date [Enter Date of Sale]. Thus works great--the user can
    define any date and get a customized report.

I would like to go one step further--if a user simply clicks OK, there is no report
    content. I would like to place the machine's date as a default, so if the user runs
    the report and gives no input the variable defaults to the current date.

To all of the creative ones--what is the slickest way of accomplishing this?

I generally avoid parameter prompts in queries because there is not way to do any validation or help the user.

IMHO, the slickest way is to use a form to collect the criteria.

See this example: Report Dialog Examples
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Provided Answers: 2
    Search the Help file for parameter queries. There is a means by which you can set a parameter query to return all values if it is not passed a parameter, and you might be able to modify this to default to the current system date.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Thanks for your replies! Here is what I tried, and it is satisfactory for me--

In the Query that the report pulls from, I amended the Criteria for the date field with this:

IIf(IsNull([Whatevertextyouwant]),Date(),[Whatevertextyouwant])

Exactly the result I needed...if a user clicks OK without a date, it takes him to today's info. If the user inputs a historical date and clicks OK, so be it.

I may consider a form when the need arises to better Validate the input, but this works for the immediate goal. Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 2
    Glad this helped!
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.