Unanswered: clearing DIR_CACHE for DB2 Connect

We are running DB2 Connect Version
    Product identifier SQL08020
    Level identifier 03010106
    Level DB2 v8.1.7.445
    Build level s040812
    PTF WR21342

DB2 Connect is our passthru for the Distributed world to be able to talk to the mainframe databases.

We make infrequent changes to what Mainframe Databases are cataloged in DB2 Connect but when we do, we need the changes to be immediate.

What I have found is that we have DIR_CACHE=YES in our dbm config
    so when I make catalog entry changes in the DB2 Configuration assistant, they do not take effect until I restart the DB2 Service. Since this is a Production box, I am looking for a command that will flush the DIR_Cache without having to cycle the DB2 Service. Can anyone help? .

directory cache is for each client application .. if the client app is restarted, then the dir cache is refreshed ... the db2 command, terminate clears the cache as well ..
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I guess I'm confused as to why even set DIR_CACHE to YES or NO at the database instance level?

This parameter means different things based on the type of instance.

My previous post was for the client instance.

According to the documentation, the directory cache on db server instance is used for some system work too , including snapshot.

dir_cache - Directory cache support configuration parameter - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

HTH
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.