Thread: Task Center

Unanswered: Task Center

I've been using DB2 v8 and have upgraded to 9.7, but note that Task Center is going to go away. Is there anything equivalent? I tried looking at Optim, but that doesn't seem to have anything.

Provided Answers: 1
    Not that I know of. IBM is trying to make Data Studio the GUI tools replacement but Scheduling is not a part of it (at least not yet). You can still use the ToolsDB but, once Task Center is really gone, the only current way to manipulate jobs is through line commands. See this entry in Info Center:
    The administrative task scheduler - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Quote Originally Posted by bic View Post
    I've been using DB2 v8 and have upgraded to 9.7, but note that Task Center is going to go away. Is there anything equivalent?
    I share your concern. A bunch of Stored Procedures is not an alternative, so there is no alternative. I'm afraid IBM is underestimating this issue...

I have no clue on what IBM's plans are for the future of Task Center.

I hope something will be introduced in due course in Optim or the Data Studio. Though I wouldn't recommend anyone to start using this feature in 9.7, I would stay put if you have been using it from an earlier version till the future is clarified.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Task Center like function will live on

Task Center is a popular function in DB2. Preserving this function as we transition from the Control Center to the new set of DB2 management tools such as Data Studio is a well known requirement.

Leon Katsnelson
    about DB2 Express-C, MySQL, Oracle XE, SQL Server Express, PostgreSQL and Cloud Databases