Thread: Editing posts

Question Editing posts

I seem to have lost my ability to edit my posts - has something changed on this forum? I can see the "You may edit your posts" in the "rules" at the bottom, yet I don't see any button or obvious interface for editing the posts. I've done it before, so it must have been obvious then, I wonder what happened.
    Kamen
    P.S. Now, this is funny. This post now has an edit button where it belongs. Why do my older posts not have it???
    K.
    P.P.S. I seem to have found the explanation to this. After "cheating" (i.e., manually generating the URL to edit an older post), I got the following message:
    The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 10080 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.
    It seems like the policy is not to be able to edit older posts. That's only a week! I find that rather annoying. All I wanted was to fix a typo.
    K.
    Last edited by KamenG; 03-22-11 at 11:41.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's to prevent the spammer technique of posting something innocuous and then coming back six months later to load it up with spam links when nobody is looking.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

If you send a link then and give me an idea of what needs changing then I'll change it for you - that's assuming I have the permissions as a moderator.

Mike