Unanswered: Hans Rosling Style Charts

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been given the task of creating some Hans Rosling style charts for my boss and have hit a bit of a stumbling block.

If anyone has seen the Hans Rosling video on Ted hopefully you will know what i am trying to achieve. If you havent then i would strongly advise giving it a watch as it is very informative.

So anyway onto my problem. I have managed to create an XY scatter chart with a scrollbar and play button to cycle it through the 12 months last year. This works just fine and i get a snazzy movement of my data points. However i have added some tickboxes to control which data series are displayed in the chart and what i would like to do is to show a trail for the series that are checked, i have seen this done with a bubble chart but not with this type of chart. Does anyone know of a reasonably simple way i can do this.

Apologies if this doesnt make too much sense, i have attached the file i have so far, hopefully that will clarify.

Thanks

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just re-read my post

Morning,

Having looked at my post with fresh eyes, i wonder if i may have missed some infor out on my description.

When the chart cycles through the months it shows 1 data point and the background data changes. What im looking for is that if the box is ticked then i want to see the 12 data points for that series (with labels) once the cycle has finished. This could be handy for showing trends in the movement of certain series.

If anyone has any questions please let me know

Thanks

Chris

Hiya,

Did you ever manage to do this? My boss has just asked me the same question.

Mark