Unanswered: Access 2007 Help

I am developing an access 2007 database and would like to have multiple users using it at the same time. I have split the database so I have a f-end and a b-end. I have stored the b-end in a share folder and placed the f-end right next to the b-end for folks to open and use. The problem is that they can't open the f-end. They keep getting this message:

The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ‘ Generic file name’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.

How do I allow them to open and use the f-end database?
    Last edited by StumpJumper; 03-23-11 at 15:18.

Provided Answers: 14
    Users MUST have their own copy of the Front-end locally (i.e. on their own computer).
    Have a nice day!

Can I just copy the f-end and then paste it on there desk top

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    but the fact that you are getting that error message indicates that someone is either opening the db in exclusive mode.. check each and every persons copy of Access (make sure its not you first)
    make certain your code doesn't try to alter the design of forms or reports on the fly

there is code in the code bank (IIRC from PKStormy) that gives yoiu ideas on who to distribute and aminatin copies of a front end
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Post Split a database and distribute front end

If you are working with either Access 2007 or 2010, consider the section on "Distribute the front end" to verify if you missed something. The article Split an Access database . Hope this helped.