Unanswered: Freeze Fields in Form or Report Access 2010

I can freeze fields in a Table. Just select the column, right click and select freeze fields.

I have some wide forms and reports and want to be able to freeze fields in those, but cannot work out how.

Can anyone help?

Norm C

Provided Answers: 14
    The behaviours and properties of Forms and Reports objects are very different from those of Table objects. What exactly do you try to achieve and to yield which result?
    Have a nice day!

I'm building a members ledger data base for a large club. I want to make it so that those using it will not have to access the table.

All data entry will be via forms and viewing / printing of data will be via reports.

Some of the forms and reports are quite wide, so I want to be able to freeze the first couple of fields to make reading across the page easier.

It seems that you have to be in datasheet view to freeze fields, but there is no way I can find to get to datasheet view for a form or report. I can only find datasheet view in tables and queries.

Norm C

You can display a Form in datasheet view but I'm not sure it would help you. A solution that comes to my mind is to work with a Form containing the "frozen" data and several subforms (or possibly a tab control) for displaying the other "mobile" columns.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks Sinndho. After your comments that 'You can display a Form in datasheet view'. I did a bit more searching and found that I can do that for a Form via Property Sheet, Format, Default View. Once in Datasheet view, I can freeze fields in the normal way.
    Although I have to do the same thing to change out of Datasheet, at least I have a solution for Forms. Thanks for your help.

On Reports though, this does not work. There is no Datasheet option for a report - that I can find.

Norm C

For Reports, DataSheet view is not available indeed. The closest thing to a solution I can think of would be to use a read-only Form as a Report or use a Report/SubReport schema.
    Have a nice day!