Unanswered: mysql script file (.sql) running problem

My system requirement is to execute sequence of mysql commands from ubuntu terminal,
    For testing i create a file query.sql on the desktop that have a content like:-
    create table aa (id int);
    create tab bb (id int);
    create table cc (id int);
    i execute this with command like:-

zero@zero-desktop:~/Desktop$ mysql --user=root --password=admin --database=zero <query.sql

my problem is if any query fail, script stop executing,
    Can anybody tell me how i prevent it[ here only second have wrong syntax, first and third should be run] i want to execute whole script, if any fail avoid it and start again from next query and generate a file where it shows error list........
    Amit Pathak
    S/w Developer
    Zero Systems Pvt Ltd..

Try using the --force parameter when running mysql command line utility. This continues executing regardless of the errors encountered. If you type in mysql --help there are lots of parameters which might be useful to you.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by it-iss.com View Post
    Try using the --force parameter when running mysql command line utility. This continues executing regardless of the errors encountered. If you type in mysql --help there are lots of parameters which might be useful to you.
    yes sir it works- i used query like
    zero@zero-desktop:~/Desktop$ mysql --force --user=root --password=admin --database=zero <query.sql
    it execute whole script, is there any command , with the help of that we can create a file where all error ( if exist in script file) placed when script finished..
    here it shows 2 genuine error, i want to display this on file??????????/ [because it can use as long it exist]

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 2: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'tab bb (id int)' at line 1
    ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 3: Table 'cc' already exists
    Amit Pathak
    S/w Developer
    Zero Systems Pvt Ltd..

Have you considered outputing all the contents to a file and then filtering the file on a keyword. This might be easier than splitting the errors out into one file and the log into another.

In Linux/UNIX/Mac OS X there is a very useful tool for this called "grep". If you issue the following command:

Code:
    shell> grep ^ERROR logfile
    This will return all lines whose first word is ERROR
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

what about this-
    i solved this problem by following command:-
    zero@zero-desktop:~$ mysql --force --user=root --password=admin --database=zero <query.sql 2>error.log
    after running this it creating a file in desktop with error.log it have all error............
    Amit Pathak
    S/w Developer
    Zero Systems Pvt Ltd..