Unanswered: Userforms, buttons, and requerying

I have a form used for assigning periodical subscriptions to employees (don't ask.)

The first field is a combobox with the list of available subscriptions. If the user tries to enter a title that isn't already in the db (a reasonable possibility) it fires a userform that says "you can't enter new titles here, click button 1 to enter a new title, or click button 2 to enter one already in the system." (paraphrasing)

The button to open the new form works fine, but when the new title is entered and the entry form is closed, the combobox on the original form doesn't have the new entry.

As I understand it I need to requery the combobox; is there a way to do the requery from another form?

Provided Answers: 14
    Yes it's possible ([Application.] is optional):
    Code:
    Application.Forms("<Name of the form with the Combo>").ComboX.Requery
    However, if the second form is modal, which seems logical to me, you can use a simple:
    Code:
    Me.ComboX.Requery
    on the line immediately following the one that opens the second form as execution of code in the first form is suspended while the second (modal) form is open and will only resume when it's closed:
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "ModalForm", , , , , acDialog ' <-- Execution is stopped 
                                                 '     until "ModalForm" is closed.
    Me.ComboX.Requery
    Have a nice day!

That did it! Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!