Position Overview: Senior ADABAS UNIX DBA to work with clients Copyright/Royalties IT team. Selected candidate will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and monitoring of enterprise databases on UNIX. Position requires experience with NATURAL and interfacing with external systems. Entertainment, financial or royalty experience a plus. Position responsibilities will include hands on administration and development, as well as interaction with the business or other IT groups.
• The team is responsible for application development, maintenance and support of production applications.
• Team utilizes standard development methodologies and tools to share code and track issues/enhancement requests and resolutions.
• Support and development must be completed in a timely manner as we support global applications and extensive downtime is unacceptable.
• It is expected that everyone in the department is a team player and works well with all of the other members of our department.
• Administration, optimization, monitoring, tuning and backup/retrieval of enterprise databases
• Creating and maintaining user access, space management, database refreshes, and database security
• Monitor database for potential problems and create end-user reports.
• Maintain and code applications in NATURAL
• Adherence to technology standards for the department
• Integration with other groups in the company related to hosting, development, DBA support, Server and database upgrades and migration and server support.
• Develop and maintain code in accordance with defined standards and generally accepted practices.
• Present creative solutions to our technology problems.
• Test and document all code changes. This includes unit testing, system testing, performance testing, and capacity testing.
• Perform work in development environment, test in staging environment and work with other groups to push changes to production.
• Account for time spent on activities using time tracking application.
• Meet timelines and communicate with project manager as to progress of open items.
• 5+ Years DBA experience
• 4+ Years experience with ADABAS and NATURAL
• 5+ Years UNIX experience
• Minimum 8 years IT experience
• Knowledge of logical and technical database application design.
• Full project life cycle development experience
Education and Additional Experience/Knowledge:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, business or related field
• Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree
• Music industry experience (Preferred but not required)
• Copyright/Royalties experience (Preferred but not required)