Lost Update problem in on-line auction database

Hi,
    I'm wondering how can lost update problem occur in an on-line auction database. as you know lost update is a problem that can be occurred when a database item accessed and updated at the same time.

Can you guys give me some real-world examples of lost update problem in a online auction database?? only in a case of online auction.

thx

Perhaps if you give us the full wording of your homework then we'll be able to do it better for you.

Re:

here is the ER diagram

http://i53.tinypic.com/mj0594.gif

and here is the task

“Online auction” is offering online auction services to its clients. Customers are able to register in the system and make bids on selected products and customers could also sell products. Imagine that you are employed as a database developer by this company and your major tasks are to optimize the system to work efficiently in a multiuse environment.

To store all the data “Online auction” developed a relational database, see DB ER diagram on Fig. 1. At the beginning the database worked fine but as the service become more popular the number of customers increased and as a result increased the number of DB transactions some problems started to arise.

Provide a 2 - 3 page summary of the problems and the methods used to demonstrate the:
    i. Lost Update problem
    ii. Inconsistent Analysis problem
    iii. Deadlock

Do you want us to do just the "lost update problem" or should we provide you with answers to everything?

Re:

just help me as much as you can...

Quote Originally Posted by zibrohimov View Post
    just help me as much as you can...
    • Coursework - is given to you to prove your knowledge and certainly not ours
    • Cheating - is when you try and get others to do it
    • Apathy - showing no interest or concern
    • Irony - expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect