Unanswered: Next Record if yes/no is no

quick question. Hopefully its an easy one, i need to create a cmd where I can go to next record as long as the yes/no is not checked.

ie multiple users in DB and I dont want any duplication. Can someone post the code for this. Thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    Sorry, but you're going to have to do a much better job of describing what you're trying to do here, if you expect to get help!

As long as what Yes/No is checked? A field on the current record or a field on the 'next' record?

And what does this have to do with not having duplicate records?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

apologies i wrote it out quickly whilst on the train on my phone.

(Basically Im new to Access) And created a DB with one of the fields as a Checkbox field which multiple users will have access to. They will work through the records each day and tick the checkbox to confirm they've "worked a record".

I would like to create some form of navigation button to help the users navigate to the next record where the checkbox value is false. To avoid duplication.

Could someone assist. thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    apologies i wrote it out quickly whilst on the train on my phone.

(Basically Im new to Access) And created a DB with one of the fields as a Checkbox field which multiple users will have access to. They will work through the records each day and tick the checkbox to confirm they've "worked a record".

I would like to create some form of navigation button to help the users navigate to the next record where the checkbox value is false. To avoid duplication.

Could someone assist. thanks
    Need to slow it down and bit more and explain it in very plain terms. Give us a visual of what you have, how what you have works and how you would like for it to work. Either upload a screenshot of what you have or upload a version of your database...with any real info removed. It's hard to understand just what you are wanting.

have a nice one,
    Bud

the standard next record button is not fit for purpose. As 2 users could be in the same record at the same time and complete the case and click the yes/no checkbox to confirm they've worked X record.

So i'd like a customised next record command button my form where the next record has not been worked, ie field Y has not be clicked as true.

(if it helps I used the yes/no field type in the design table - I am not sure what the official name for this is) I cannot provide screenshot as no access from current location)