Unanswered: DB2 V9.5 Runtime Client-64 Bit

Linux 64-bit, x86-64 on AMD64 and Intel EM64T

I am looking for DB2 V9.5 Runtime Client 64 bit software. Does it exists ?

I have the 32 version file ------> v9.5_linuxia32_client.tar.gz

Does a similar file exists for 64 bit version ?. If so, can someone please send me the link ?. I can't find it.

Thanks.

Calvin.

Provided Answers: 5
    If I remember correctly, you can just install the latest FP for the client as an install instead of an upgrade. You can get a linux 64 bit client from here. https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docv...id=swg27007053

Andy

Thanks Andy for quick reply. I already downloaded DB2 V9.5 FP7 64 bit. As a client it has the "IBM Data Server Runtime Client Version 9.5 Fix Pack 7".

Is this the one or data server is a different version.

We are installing this to a WebSphere 7.0 Application server that will access to a Linux DB2 V.95 FP6 Work Group Edition database server.

Thanks again.

Yes, that is the runtime client. If websphere is on the same server as the database, then you do not need the client as it is part of the server install.

Andy

I don't think that is the one. After the install, I ran

db2licm -l

which gives me,

Product name: "DB2 Connect Server"
    License type: "Trial"
    Expiry date: "07/05/2011"
    Product identifier: "db2consv"
    Version information: "9.5"

On a 32 bit installation with file "v9.5_linuxia32_client.tar.gz"

gives no info on the licensing (Blank).

I will have to uninstall it.

I do not think you downloaded the correct thing. DB2 Connect is for connecting to mainframe.

Andy

File name I downloaded is:

v9.5fp7_linuxx64_server.tar.gz

You need something like this: DSClients-linuxx64-rtcl-9.5.0.7-FP007.tar.gz

Andy

I downloaded the fixpack before from the same link you provided which directs you to

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docv...id=swg24028731

after clicking on the

"DB2 Version 9.5"
    --> Fix Pack 7

According to my OS I got the file from the below link on that page.

Linux 64-bit, x86-64 on AMD64 and Intel EM64T

Thanks.

Seems to be a lot of confusion here.

IBM Data Server Client
    If you want the DB2 type 2 client (which I doubt if you are using WAS), then you can download IBM Data Server Client. Don't worry about the license, it's free. This includes the DB2 Control Center, Client Configuration Assistant, DB2 Command Line Processor (CLP) tool, etc. If you use this driver on a remote database, you must catalog the tcpip node, and catalog database.

IBM Data Server Runtime Client
    If you want the same DB2 type 2 client as above, but without the DB2 Control Client or Configuration Assistant, but with the DB2 Command Line Processor (CLP) tool, you can download the IBM Data Server Runtime Client. If you use this driver on a remote database, you must catalog the tcpip node, and catalog database.

IBM Data Server Driver
    But if you want the type 4 universal drivers to use with WAS (this is probably what you want) then download the IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. The same universal drivers are contained in the DB 2server directories, (I believe under the .../sqllib/java directory, but don't recall for certain). Note that when I say "DB2 type 4" that is not the same as JDBC 4, since this download supports both JDBC 3 and JDBC 4 standard (Also called JCC driver). With this driver accessing a remote db, you use a url connection string only, as there is no persistent catalog information that needs to be created for remote databases (or local databases either).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Please ignore. I may have chosen the wrong download link by mistake. There is a file with name of "v9.5fp7_linuxx64_client.tar.gz"

Thanks to all...................
    Last edited by mdx34; 04-08-11 at 10:00.

If you want a 32-bit client, go to the 32-bit section. A 32-bit client can be used to access a 64-bit server (assuming they are on different machines).

DB2 Connect is a different product (acutally just a license) that allows you to communicate with DB2 for z/OS or DB2 iSeries. It is not needed to communicate with DB2 LUW (Linux UNIX Windows). They are giving you a free trial for DB2 Connect along with the client (which is always free).

If you are using java client, you only need the universal jdbc drivers, as opposed to installing the client.
    M. A. Feldman

Thanks Marcus.

We are trying New WebSphere version on 64 Bit Linux Server that will access to a separate DB2 server with 32 bit Linux/DB2. It will be, 64 bit client accessing the 32 bit DB2 server.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mdx34 View Post
    Thanks Marcus.

We are trying New WebSphere version on 64 Bit Linux Server that will access to a separate DB2 server with 32 bit Linux/DB2. It will be, 64 bit client accessing the 32 bit DB2 server.

Thanks again.
    I have not tried that combination, and don't know for sure, but I assume you can access 32-bit server with 64-bit client. However, as I previously said, you normally use DB2 jdbc drivers (not DB2 client) with WAS.
    M. A. Feldman