Red face Unanswered: export backup help

Every night I am taking Oracle 10g export backup of our production server which around 70GB in size.

I am using below cmd for this.

exp xxxxx/yyyyy file=/dbbackup/expbkp/fulldbbkp1_03042010.dmp log=/dbbackup/expbkp/fulldbbkp1_03042010.log
    full=y feedback=5000 CONSISTENT=y compress=n STATISTICS=none buffer=1000000000

But it takes around 5 hrs. to complete.
    So my question is that what I can add/modify in this by which it will take less time.

Pls. help me on urgent basis .............

Provided Answers: 11
    You can try expdp (exp is deprecated), but exp and expdp are not really supported as backup methods. Look into rman.

I agree with MCrowley here, but personally like to have regular exports in addition to RMAN backups, assuming that I can afford the I/O and storage as they provide flexibility that I like to have at times.

I'd go with expdp, but if you just want to speed up exp now, you can by using a direct path export, remove the buffer=1000000000 and replace it with direct=y recordlength=65535. Going forward, I'd get up to speed on expdp and RMAN.

Code:
    exp xxxxx/yyyyy file=/dbbackup/expbkp/fulldbbkp1_03042010.dmp log=/dbbackup/expbkp/fulldbbkp1_03042010.log full=y feedback=5000 CONSISTENT=y compress=n STATISTICS=none direct=y recordlength=65535
    Depending on your data and system, it should give you a pretty decent improvement in the amount of time it takes to export.
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com