Unanswered: convert tablespace to large issue

Hello folks.
    need your help.
    I have a tablespace which has reached 64 GB limit. and the biggest table size in the tablespace is around 30 Gigs. I understand that, to benifit from larger RIDs(4 bytes ) , i have to run online reorg on indexes of all tables and take benifit of larger slot ID (2 bytes) offline reorg on tables is required.

But, my doubt is , if i simply convert tablespace to large and dont run any kind of reorg, wouldnt tablespace grow beyond 64 GIGS. I think it will.
    I think reorg on indxes or table will be required only when single table has reached 64Gigs limit.
    Please suggest if I am correct.

I think you're correct.

I'm going to correct myself here. You need to reorg/rebuilt the table' indexes in order for that table into grow into this new "larger" area. The table' indexes need to be enabled for large RIDs in order to allocate a page beyond the old 64GB limit.
    Last edited by db2girl; 04-16-11 at 13:03.

Reorg all indexes to go beyond 64 GIGS?

4-byte RID -> 3-byte page # and 1-byte slot #

With 4-byte RID, the max table/tablespace size is 64GB for 4K (64GB can be contained in 3 bytes of space). After converting the tablespace to large, you need to reorg/rebuild the indexes on existing tables (index structure will be updated so that they can point to pages beyond the old 64GB limit). When the tablespace reaches 64GB, only tables that are enabled for large RIDs can continue to grow.

with cont abt covert to larger tablespace, for migrating db2 8.1 database wins 32 bit to db2 9.7 linux 64 bit, any consideration is there which needs to be taken care with regards
    to tablespace creation, page size , function etc. the data will be moved through db2move or export and load
    Kindly suggets
    regds
    Paul