Unanswered: Correct hyperlink

I think i have a simple problem.
    i'm using the hyperlink address in a hyperlink field.

Placing hyperlinks from a folder , C:\Temp\temp.pdf

shows up as ..\temp.pdf

does anyone know how to fix my format to C:\Temp\temp.pdf?

the hyperlink field property is very funky.

I suppose you are implying that the link is broken and does not work. In which case it is simpler to just remake the link from scratch rather than attempt to text edit this link.

Another hint is that some computers will default open windows explorer in a folder location...and one must be sure to go to the root of the machine and build the path from the root so that the full path is there and valid for users of others PCs...

hope this helps a little.
    www CahabaData com

I tried building my explorer route from scratch.

When i drag my file into the hyperlink field it still truncates it from.

C:\temp\temp.pdf
    to
    ..\temp.pdf

I'm wondering if it's some system setting on my computer however.

research the hyperlink field type - - and you will find that it is multi part. and part of it is that what you see does, and can, vary from what the actual link really is.... part of the reason for this is so you can assign a more human meaningful display.....

which is why I asked or assumed that the link wasn't working....because if it works then really all you are trying to change is the display.... I do know exactly what you are saying as I've seen the same thing.....but if the link works I haven't been to concerned about what displays.....

as to dragging the file in.....not sure about that approach....I would just walk the path per the normal windows explorer...

hope this helps.
    www CahabaData com