Thread: Sr DB2 DBA
04-15-11, 10:58 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
Sr DB2 DBA
Contract 2 Hire (6 months)
Location: Lanham, MD
DB2 DBA on Mainframe 5 years
DB2 DBA specific experience 5 years
REXX Programming Language 3 years
CLIST Programming Language 3 Years
Oracle DBA Specific experience 3 years
*The candidate must be eligible to obtain a Full Background Investigation (FBI) clearance for work.*
DBA with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases providing administration, tuning and optimization. Experience working in a UNIX and Windows environments.
• Quickly pick up new areas and apply skills.
• Experience with database administration on Oracle databases (8i, 9i, 10g).
• Experience with database administration on MS SQL server 2000 and 2005.
• Experience with the application of database backup/recovery architectures and procedures.
• Experience in database and application level tuning.
• Ability to troubleshooting environment issues.
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting is a must.
• Self driven technical troubleshooter - independently digs into technical issues.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with RMAN backup and recovery as well as export/import.
• Strong team player. Be able to take direction from, and work in conjunction with team.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Participate in an on-call rotation supporting Production databases.
• Will be expected to share knowledge with others on a regular basis.
Thanks & Regards