Unanswered: Want to make invoices and get to invoices from customer name table

I'm a former Microsoft Works database user and am trying to now use Access. Can import my files just fine since I saved them in excel form. When using Works, I could click on a spreadsheet record and, from there, go right to the invoice view. My question is twofold:

1) I cannot seem to go from a record right to an invoice view for just that record in Access. (Here, I have a flat database)

2) I would like to create a relational database where if I am looking at a customer, I have a drop down list of invoices for that customer which I can click on and go right to that invoice.

I have the Access for Dummies book, have tried Office help, and have tried to use the Services Template (which does not work well for our business at all). We had liked that in Works we could see a description of the work performed in an excel sheet, one record after another (it helps us find the correct former service we were looking for), and that we could click right over to form view (being our invoice). At the very least, I would like to be able to make Access work like this for us. I've tried to make an invoice using both create form and create record, without success. It isn't working because I can't go right to the correct record and have to use 'next, next, next.... etc.' which would make it really difficult to reprint an older invoice. However, in switching to a new system, I'd rather be able to link each invoice to a customer and get to the invoice right from that customer. I've read all about relationships, forms, queries, etc. and I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Provided Answers: 14
    When you open of Form or a Report, you can pass an argument to it to restrict (filter) the data it will display. Ex.
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form_Invoices", , , "ClientID=49 AND Invoiced=False"
    See also (among many others):
    Forms: Have the form move to the record selected in List/Combo box
    Forms: Fill Fields automatically on form based on a control's value
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply! Would this require me to enter this argument for each customer every time I go to print an invoice?

Any thoughts on how to make the invoices appear by clicking on the customer?

Thanks!

Not if you add a ListBox or a ComboBox that will allow you to select the customer. This is the topic of the first link in my previous answer.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!