Unanswered: Filtering Reports

I have a report that has several sub reports. All of the sub reports utilize the same query. I am trying to use the OnOpen event for each sub report that utilizes an Event Procedure. In a sub report, (forget that there are several; I'll just talk about one), it has a field called "Range". In the Event Procedure is have: DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[Range] = 'West'". I am trying to filter the data for this sub report where the field "Range" is equal to a text field with a value of "West". I have tried multiple combinations of the DoCmd statement and none of them work. In the example above, I am always asked, "Enter Paramater Value:" The spelling of the field is correct. I have tried using [RangeX] which is the control name instead but it doesn't work. Help Please!

If I understand you correctly (and not 100% clear on whether I do...) I would look to implement it via the subreport's filter property.

Hope this helps.
    www CahabaData com

Filtering Reports

Do you mean instead of using the Event, On Open, put in the Filter property of the sub report? If I use DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[Range] = 'West'", I get a syntax error about a comma. If I remove the comma, I get Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression.... Actually, I didn't know you could use a DoCmd in the Filter. I change it to = Where [Range] = "West" and got Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression...

Any ideas?

Chuck

not docmd

syntax of filter property is just like the Where argument of open report command
    www CahabaData com

Got It! I used in the Filter property of the sub report: "[Range]='Reports![West-4]![Text15]'" and I had to add a text box, (Text15), to the sub report where the data was "West".

Thank you for your guidance. I appreciate it.

Chuck

Didn't get it. It's not returning the right records. I'm using: "[Range]='Reports![West-4]![Text15]'" And "[GraveDesc] = 'Reports![West-4]![Text16]'" with the two text boxes invisible on the form. Frustrated.