Unanswered: Display related data on new form based on text box

Hi all,

This is the first of probably many times where i will be picking your brains.

My situation:

I am creating a database mainly for data entry for the company i work for. The database records information about the fibre network equipment we deal with.

Basics - for the fibre network; we have aggregation nodes, splitters, fibre distribution points (FDPs) and manifolds. The aggregation node connects to many splitters, these connect to many FDP's which connect to many manifolds. (pyramid structure)

my problem:

I have a table for the Agg node information, this is related to a splitter table with the splitter information on it. Idea being, in the table view you can enter agg node info then expand a box to view the related splitters then from there the FDP's and then manifolds.

I have a form based on the agg node table, i would like a button which takes the data in a text box (agg node ID - which relates to the splitter table) and displays only the splitters related to that agg node.
    Much like a subform on a separate form not in table form. Then from the data shown after that process i would like a similar button on that splitter form to display the FDPs related to the splitter.

I probably havnt worded that half as well as i could have so you automatically get 10 points for understanding.

I will be very grateful if someone could help with this one or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Provided Answers: 6
    Is this what you're looking for?

Open a second form to the record
    Paul

Thats absolutely spot on. Thanks a lot for the quick response. I owe you a drink.

Tom

Provided Answers: 6
    Happy to help and welcome to the site!
    Paul