Unanswered: Db2 ESE V9.1.7 installation on Win2008

Hi team,

I had a db2 server that is joined to a domain however during the installation when come to the part "Set User information of Db2 Administration server" I don't find any drop down list regarding my domain entry or me to select. There is only one entry " None- Use local User Account", my installation gone through successfully but instance creation is having error. Hence can anyone advise is it reallly necessary to create a db2admin locally having administrators right instead of using the one in the domain ?

Thanks in advance
    Robert Koh

Provided Answers: 1
    DB2 Administration Server probably has no relation to the error you get when creating an instance. You need to have local administrator rights to properly install DB2, which domain admins normally have anyway.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I am still puzzle with the scenario that I am trying to achieve. Are you saying that regardless of whether my server is joined to a domain, I still needs to create a db2admin user locally with and administrator right in order to do the installation. So upon successfully installed and db2 instance created I can then go to windows services and change the login name to another (i.e.db2admin) user[B][U] created in the domain. So from there on the db2 instance owner is the domain user instead of the local user.

Kindly advise
    Robert Koh

Provided Answers: 1
    I didn't say anything about the db2admin user; what I said was you must perform installation as a local administrator.