This is a full time, on-site Senior Microsoft SQL Server Developer/DBA position located in New York City paying $115,000 to $140,000 + benefits. Local candidates only. US/GC holders only please. Thank you.
Our client's 60-person Online Division is poised for continued growth and success -- their web property receives over 20MM unique visitors per month and involves data feeds from over 100 partner websites. They are looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer to join their team.
* The successful candidate will have 6 to 10+ years of database experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 technologies. BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Performance tunes and writes code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures, views and triggers
* Supports database platforms and helps define strategies for data acquisition, recovery, migration and archiving
* Proficiency in SQL Server database administration, data modeling, T-SQL. Ability to both write good T-SQL code, and assist developers in tuning theirs. Understand the difference between T-SQL that just returns the results asked for and good T-SQL
* Can create normalized database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline. Understanding of normalization, de-normalization, and the difference between the two. Ability to create schemas for both OLTP and OLAP databases
* Must have a strong understanding of how the SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to: Physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices, and the Query Optimizer. Understands various SQL Server features such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, XML, Service Broker, Full-Text, etc. and how they are used
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
I If you are interested in this job, please submit your RESUME and SALARY requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing Open Source Staffing