I have a backup image from 32 bit 8.1 FP 15 Db2 UDB on Debian Etch ( Linux) and am trying to restore on one of other servers that is 64 bit 8.2 Db2 UDB on Debian Squeeze ( Linux). The db resides under / on both servers and the directory name / structure is the same. For some reason, the restore hangs even though the completed work shows the total size of the backup image after a few hours. I also tried it without the logtarget option and it still hung. Do I need to do a redirected restore or try something else.. not sure what is causing this problem.

Here is what I tried --

time db2 restore db DBNAME from /DBDATA/backup taken at 20110403050002 logtarget /home/db2inst1/logs/ REPLACE EXISTING COMPRLIB /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2compr.so

then i tried without the logtarget --

time db2 restore db DBNAME from /DBDATA/backup taken at 20110403050002 REPLACE EXISTING COMPRLIB /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib/libdb2compr.so

I also tried an installation of 32 bit 8.1 FP 15 Db2 UDB on Debian Squeeze ( Linux) so that the versions / bits of DB2 matched but that restore failed on me too!