Question Unanswered: Dropping a user who "owns" objects.

We are using ASE 15.0.2 and 15.0.3, and still one instance of 12.5.x. Our developers have created objects while aliased to dbo. When one of our developers leaves, the normal procedure is to drop them from the system. We cannot do this easily, as the developer's login_name is stored in sysobjects, for every object that they have created, but still have dbo's uid, showing dbo as the real owner. Sybase's recommended practice is to drop and recreate all objects that the developer had created, or to lock their account through sp_droplogin. I would prefer not to just lock their logins, as we would end up with a lot of locked logins for developers who have left long ago. Dropping and recreating all "owned" objects is not practical as some systems have thousands of objects, and some tables have tens of millions of rows, and need to be available 24x7. We prefer not to make direct changes to the data in the system tables, but in the past have just nulled out the login_name in sysobjects for the objects "owned" by that developer. Any recommendations?

Provided Answers: 1
    I believe that setting loginame to null is the only alternative

Risks to updating sysobjects

That is basically what I expected to hear. Are there any risks to setting loginname to null in sysobjects, aside from the fact that you are updating a system table, which I try to avoid?