Exclamation Unanswered: Replication + Postgres

Hi,

I have a program that works using the PostgreSQL 8.2.11. I try to use the Slony-I and this woks fine. The main problem is that it does not replicate DDL. I need of a replicator that have this feature. Thanks so much! Abraao

Provided Answers: 12
    You failed to mention what you need the slave for (backukp, standby, load balancing) so it's hard to tell what tool you need.

You can upgrade to 9.0 which has replication built in. Using streaming replication and hot standby you can do queries on the slave as well.

You should plan your upgrade anyway as the support for 8.2 will be stopped end of this year.

Question Replication + Postgres

Hi Shammat,

I need of a backup of a database of a master to slave in real time. But it also must propagate DDL of master tables to slave tables.
    I am going to think about the upgrade. Thanks very much! Abraão

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by abraao895 View Post
    I need of a backup of a database of a master to slave in real time. But it also must propagate DDL of master tables to slave tables.
    That's what 9.0 streaming replication does.

Question Postgres + Replication

Thanks. Some suggestion to PostgreSQL 8.2? To try to resolve my problem quickly even i create some corrections to my program to upgrade.