Unanswered: Need help with textbox/listbox/search command button

Hello all. I am a newbie around these parts. I am no expert in Access but I am technologically inclined for what it is worth. This is my problem I have been trying to solve for some time now and I would really appreciate some direction:

Textbox1= [txtlastname]
    Textbox2= [txtfirstname]
    Listbox= [listinfo]

Both textboxes are unbound and my listbox is bound by ID to contacttable. My listbox shows 2 columns for fields lastname and firstname from contacttable . I would like for a user to be able to type info in these text boxes and then with the click of a command button search the list box for the information.

I have no VB to show you because I just don't know how I should be approaching this after find many different suggestions through searching the web.
    Last edited by crosseydlobster; 04-30-11 at 14:23.

I'm going to guess that the idea is that a user enters the first and last names into your text boxes, then clicks a command button and Access looks up the rest of the information contained in contacttable.

Why not use a combo box and let Access look up the information based on that, without having to press a command button? The Wizard would guide you through it.