We use MS Access Database to calculate payment charges & get the revenue report. Recently we faced an issue - Users loaded a excel sheet with Payment data into the DB; when they retrieved one of the reports, for one particular payment data it was showing some extra rogue characters. ( That field is a key payment reference num field that contains only 12 characters).. We were not sure where the problem is.. But we confirmed that while loading the data it had only proper 12 characters; We tried to remove that complete record from the database. But still when we retreive the report, same junk character appears from nowhere. Need help on fixing this issue.
The problem is the excel spreadsheet. For some reason when you import an excel spreadsheet into MS Access, weird things happen. I found the best solution is to save the spreadsheet as a csv file format and import it instead. Access handles the date fields much better. Hope it works for you. Good luck.