Unanswered: Go To Control Cannot get Focu

I am using the Go To Control function in a macro and it says that it cannot get the focus of that field. The only thing I have going on in the field that I am pointing to is that it has a macro that runs on enter. The field is not locked in anyway.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what is possibly wrong or a different way I could make it work?

Thanks,
    B&R

Provided Answers: 19
    Few of the developers who help out here use Macros, as a rule, and help on them tends to be sparse.

Can you give us a step-by-step, for both of these Macros, of what they're doing?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for your look see at my problem. I understand that macros are not popular but people without coding knowledge like me rely on them. Thanks again.

The macro that directs it to the shpdt field is just a macro on exit of this particular field with a Go To Control that points to the shpdt field. The shpdt field has a macro that runs on Enter. The macro has a condition that if true will do the following:

Msgbox
    Go To Control
    StopAllMacros

I do not know if this will provide you with much info but appreciate you trying.

Thanks,B&R