Unanswered: db2pd to find longest running query

Hi,
    I am working on DB2 V9.1 on AIX 5.3
    Yesterday, the CPU utilization reached 100% and so db2pd was the only option I was left with to analyze the problem. I was asked to kill the longest running query. How do I find it considering the output of db2pd is huge and number of transactions running are 100+

Hi,

what about
    db2pd -db <ABCDE> -activestatements
    ?

But how I map it to the statement executing?

Also, when i see the output of "db2pd -database <ABCD> -dynamic", I find more than 100+ statements executing under column text then why does it display only 6-7 statements while executing "db2pd -database <ABCD> -activestatements"

I usually use snapshots to identify a query(ies) consuming more CPU / higher execution time than others.

If db2pd is the only option, then I think you can do "db2pd -edu" to find a db2agent consuming lots of cpu and then using its EDU ID find the appl and the sql (db2pd -app -dyn)

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by db2cap View Post
    when i see the output of "db2pd -database <ABCD> -dynamic", I find more than 100+ statements executing
    The fact that a statement is in the package cache does not mean that it is being executed when you take the snapshot.