Unanswered: Grid Control 11gR1

Dear All
    Please Help me,,,

Thanks

The existing database you have specified is configured with Database Control, it needs to be deconfigured before proceeding with the installation of Enterprise Manager Grid Control.

To deconfigure Database Control for a single instance database, run the following command on database host:
    <Database ORACLE HOME>/bin/emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD <sys password> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>

To deconfigure Database Control for a Real Application Clusters (RAC) database, run the following command on database host:
    <Database ORACLE HOME>/bin/emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -cluster -SYS_PWD <sys password> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>

NOTE: If the existing database is on different host, then install Oracle Management Agent on the database host, to monitor the database.

Cool

Did you run the command to deconfigure Database Control?
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Exclamation Grid Control 11gR1

Quote Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA View Post
    Did you run the command to deconfigure Database Control?
    Hi KBrwn_DBA,

I am having the same problem, have tried to run the above commend as root as well as oracle user with no joy..

error log shows the following:
    -Sep-2011 13:51:05 oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks checkDbAvailabilityImpl
    CONFIG: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLFatalEr rorException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine. executeImpl(SQLEngine.java:1650)
    at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.sqlEngine.SQLEngine. executeQuery(SQLEngine.java:823)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailabil ityImpl(DatabaseChecks.java:127)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.checkDbAvailabil ity(DatabaseChecks.java:163)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks.getDbUniqueName( DatabaseChecks.java:364)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.addEMCALogFile(EMConfi g.java:1139)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.addLogFile(EMConfig.ja va:1004)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.perform(EMConfig.java: 209)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.invokeEMCA(EM ConfigAssistant.java:589)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfig uration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1448)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EM ConfigAssistant.java:573)
    at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfig Assistant.java:521)
    29-Sep-2011 13:51:05 oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig addEMCALogFile
    CONFIG: Database instance unavailable.

Any help will be VERY appreciated

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Grid Control 11gR1

Thanks LKBrwn_DBA, I will let you know how I am getting on.

Thumbs up Grid Control 11gR1

I forgot to add the following two lines to .bash_profile

export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
    export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH

resolved now.
    thanks All