Unanswered: Deadlock event monitor

Our deadlock event monitor files are getting full and the deadlock event monitor is getting inactive ( 20 files, size 10 MB). so i am formatting the output of first 20 files (using db2evmon) and then removing the old *.evt files. after this i am starting the event monitor using "set event monitor <name> state 1", so now the event monitor starts writing to the files and it names from 00000021.evt, 00000022.evt and so forth.. so when these files become full when i try to format using db2evmon (db2evmon -path /db2dir/evmon ), i get the below error
    Cannot open Event Monitor file "/db2dir/evmon/00000000.evt."
    this is because the event monitor started writing from the file number 21. so if i rename file 21,22 etc to 00,01 etc and then try to rerun the db2evmon command this time it throws the below error.
    ERROR: Unexpected Memory model specified for trace in: /db2dir/evmon

how do i generate the formatted report out of these new event files starting from 21.

Am i doing any thing wrong here? is there any way to start the files starting from 0 without dropping the event monitor? (i know dropping would generate from 0) any suggestions?

My DB: V9.5 FP4, Aix 5.3

I usally stop the event monitor, delete the files and restart the monitor. The Event Monitor starts from 0 again. This works for. I doubt that's the 'official way' to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rahul12 View Post
    when i try to format using db2evmon (db2evmon -path /db2dir/evmon ), i get the below error
    Cannot open Event Monitor file "/db2dir/evmon/00000000.evt."
    this is because the event monitor started writing from the file number 21.
    If you still need to format them, use the -file option mentioned here:
    http://www.dbforums.com/db2/1653720-...evt-files.html

Actually i am doing the same..but still its starting from the next sequence number.

BELLA, Thank you very much, -file option worked out nice.

I wonder why IBM doesn't give those options in Info Center, when the issue seems to be very frequent.