Unanswered: Dirver options not showing in Visual Studio 2008

I want to be able to create a database project in Visual Studio 2008 and have it contain a reference to our Informix 11.5 database.

I've been trying for 8 hours or so to install all manner of client SDKs, play with registry settings, uninstall/reinstall .NET Frameworks and .NET Framework SDKs, along with Windows SDKs.

I cannot for the life of me get anything to show up in the
    tools->connect to database...->Data Source Change...button aside from the microsoft drivers.

My only option is to use the ODBC Data Source option with .NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC. If I do this, I cannot run half my scripts because the ODBC driver, evidently times out if something is not returned in 30 seconds.

I've read pages on the net where others are describing a driver option for Informix/DB2, etc.

I made sure everything was checked when I installed the client SDK.
    What am I missing?

Keep in mind, I do not want to write .NET code. I want to create a database project and run SQL scripts while viewing the tables and contents.

Dirver options not showing in Visual Studio 2008

The CommandTimeout needs to be increased in the VS application.
    The following link will show an example:
    Increasing query time-outs with TableAdapters - Smart Client Data - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Informix ClientSDK uses the application timeout and for Visual Studio it is 30 seconds.

I hope this helps.

There is no application.