Unanswered: Oracle Vs SQL 200X A decision to be made at early stages

Hi,
    i am building a system which will have tons of real time data insertions to it.
    the system will not have so much data (or clients)at first , yet must be scalable, because when the amount of clients will rise, then the amounts of data will be HUGE.
    From what i have heard so far (consultance), Oracle is by far the best solution to deal with huge amounts of data, and that SQL Server 200X is not in the same league in that field.
    The main question is, how does should it effect my design at early stage.
    I am very new to DB, even though knowing the basic SQL + buzzwords + general concepts of how things should work, i am trying to make the best decisions that would serve me long term.
    If i need to rely on Oracle, does it mean i must prevent working with SQL Server at early stages development, aiming at later on conversion to Oracle.?
    Prevent writing stored procedures on SQL Server environment, because i will have to convert everything eventually from T-SQL to PL-SQL ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Avi.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    The data locking mechanisms of the two RDBMS are TOTALLY different.

>If i need to rely on Oracle, does it mean i must prevent working with SQL Server at early stages development, aiming at later on conversion to Oracle.?
    YES!
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.