Thumbs up Unanswered: Rich Text in sql server.

Hello !!

I am a reporting guy.. new to sql server.

I have a question on saving the rich text in sql server databse.
    Is this possible to save rich text in sql server database ?
    Also we have description in database as in multiple lines i have to store the data in the similar fashion when I retrieve the data using any reporting tool it should show in similar way.

Example :

I am a
    Bad boy.

In database it should save like this when I report it, it should give in two lines.

Can any one pls help me out with comments on this.

Thanks
    Santosh.

Provided Answers: 4
    > Is this possible to save rich text in sql server database ?
    Yes, RTF is pure text.
    But if you are planning to store a large amount of RTF data, you may gain a lot of disk space, and speed, by zipping the RTF data first. You can do the zipping and unzipping in the Getter and Setter of the Class. But don't ask me how to display zipped RTF text in a reporting tool. See disclaimer below.

> Also we have description in database as in multiple lines i have to store the data in the similar fashion when I retrieve the data using any reporting tool it should show in similar way.
    I think this depends on the display properties of your reporting tool. See disclaimer below.

> I am a reporting guy.. new to sql server.
    I am a database guy, not a reporting guy
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

Thanks for your response.

Please brief or provide me a link where exactly I can study and learn about this concept.

Now I am assuming it is possible to store data as user enters even there is change in format and new line. Please confirm me.

Thanks
    Santosh